What a great weekend!!!
On Saturday, Brent did the Mountain Goat Century ride in Springville, AL, and I stayed home and worked on a few little projects/housework. Today we got up early, went on a 5.5 mile walk, got groceries, and got to spend the rest of the day relaxing.
Pool time!
I haven’t been in the pool too much lately because of all of the rainy weather + lots of weekend working (about 4 or 5 in a row during August). Today it was so nice outside and even though the pool water was a tiny bit chilly, I was afraid to miss one of the last good weekend days to swim.
Guess who joined me?
The smug pug.
He jumped up on the side of the pool and barked, begging to get in. I couldn’t resist since it might be the last time this year!! But then, when I got out and reached over the side to get him out of the float, he wasn’t having it. It was almost like he had been waiting for me to get out so he could have the whole pool to himself.
Other news:
The guest bathroom has this odd little window way up high on the wall. I have been looking for a valence forever but had yet to find one that I really liked. On Saturday I was at the thrift store and came upon the one above for $2.48! It is twice as long as displayed above; I folded it in half and used some hem tape & pins to fasten it the ends together. It does have a ruffle/layer at the bottom, so it isn’t really two-toned like it looks in the photo. I used drapery clips to attach it to the curtain rod that Brent hung for me in like < 1 min. It’s perfect! It really looks good in the room!
This is my view when I lay down on the rug to do core stretches:
And this is one of my favorites:
September means that it is just about fall! I got a head start on the fall decorations this year! I will post more pictures later this week, but here is the fall arrangement I made for the living room. The vase is a souvenir we brought back from Hawaii.
Before:
After!:
And I finally got the new picture hung up in our bedroom. If you can recall, this picture used to be there:
![[154%255B8%255D.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjFGWh_dTTUA6rALkG3BKcu7Pjobf037x22vcV2QK1Eu0MRX7wHUgFmU4k11SU5SraDcGa810E0iUxcGWMUKNjXb073DyOZdGVU_Sm8thAX80hep1egqkE9wPfBDMc3_Zh2D9TmLQ/s1600/154%25255B8%25255D.jpg)
This photo has been with us, in our bedroom, since our very first apartment in Birmingham (at the old R.O. – Royal Oaks). Unfortunately, Brent doesn’t like it. I can’t decide if it is pretty or if I just like it for sentimental reasons. Regardless, the frame is scratched up from the various moves. It took awhile, but we finally found the perfect replacement.
We’ve actually had this piece of art for several months, but I just got around to hanging it up a few weekends ago. I love that it brings blue into the room – previously it has been mostly sage & pink.
And a few more pictures:
Could these dogs be any lazier?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment