And then we were there!
The lodge itself is actually not much. It is pretty rustic. I can’t imagine working up here and having to stay up here for days on end!
We had a picnic at the top. It was chilly! I went in the dining room and stood by the heater for a little while.
The view from the lodge is actually not that great. To really get the full effect, you have to hike a little further to Cliff Tops or Myrtle Point. Last time we hiked to the Cliff Tops but I was too tired to make it to Myrtle Point. This time, me, Daddy & Brent headed out to Myrtle Point, an additional 0.7 miles past the lodge. But first, a family photo at the top! (Some of us were happier than others! Ha!)
As you can see, the little bit of extra hiking was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment