This morning we woke up, ate breakfast at the hotel, and packed up to head out of town. Of course this morning we saw the beginning of a beautiful blue sky.
This is a “detox” breakfast – after a weekend of excessive eating, I chose to forgo the hotel’s continental buffet. I ate some Bare Naked cereal that I brought + a green tea-flavored drink. Love this cereal!
We wanted to ensure plenty of time to get to the airport, so we left a little early and detoured through Ybor (pronounced “EE-bohr” apparently) City, a historic neighborhood in Tampa also known as Florida’s Latin Quarter. In was founded in the 1800s and inhabited primarily by Spanish, Cuban, and Italian immigrants. In the 1980s and 1990s, the area was renovated and upgraded and now is a cute downtown area with shopping, entertainment, nightclubs, restaurants, etc. It reminded me of New Orleans’ French Quarter.
And then it was off to the airport!!!
We finally got back into T-Town at 1:00 pm.
Home sweet home!
We have been so lazy for the rest of the day – I have read and napped and Brent has watched sports and searched for Chick-Fil-A bowl tickets on the internet. (I think we found some.) Tonight I made a trip to Target for some groceries – we must get back to healthier eating this week, which means eating AT HOME. Which means I need to cook this week. And exercise!
No comments:
Post a Comment