Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Before Christmas

I LOVE Saturdays off.  Best day of the week! 

This morning, Brent went on a bike ride while I stayed home and read and listened to Christmas music. Finally got the Christmas cards ready to mail. Then we waited for Brent to come home.  He was frozen to the bone – it was really cold here today!

018

We ventured into town for lunch + some shopping.  We ate at Bottomfeeders for the first time, a local Cajun-ish BBQ/seafood place. We enjoyed it. Shopping was unfortunately not as enjoyable. Packed out! I really should have shopped online this year, like I did 2 years ago. I got one gift, a particular item that was sold out at 3 different stores. After that, we picked up some Peterbrooke (a.k.a. BEST. CHOCOLATE. EVER.) and went back home.  Peterbrooke is definitely worth the drive to Northport.

034 037

016

The amaryllis with the paperwhites in the background.  I feel sorry for it.

Tonight I went to dinner (Japanese!) and a Christmas play with some friends.  While I was gone, Brent went out and did a little bit more shopping. He did a good job!  We were talking today at lunch about how un-stressful this Christmas has been so far.  We’re definitely keeping it low-key.  I’m especially looking forward to tomorrow and then a nice week off.

No comments: