This morning’s sunrise was beautiful! Goodbye, rain!
I went to the park for exercise super early (for an off day) - around 7:30. It was so, so peaceful.
After that, I indulged in one of my favorite guilty pleasures – thrift store shopping. Oh goodness. I had a very productive shopping day! I found:
- A Hallmark Christmas planter
- A wire basket
- 3 pair of dress pants (2 with tags still on)
- 2 tops – one for work and one for home
- 1 plaid jacket vest
- 1 Tommy Hilfiger pink denim jacket
- 1 dressier jacket
- 2 Landau scrub tops
- 1 pair of Mossimo sweatpants (new with tags)
- Gap sweater, new with tags
- 5 books: The English Patient, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Closer Than Your Skin, Room for a Little One, and Words of a Woman
My total was $56.99! I really couldn’t believe it.
I came home and made a deal with myself that I could nap from 2 –4 if I got everything else finished. So I frantically cleaned, ate lunch, showered, etc. so that I could do it. I was really looking forward to it. I can’t remember the last time I full-out napped on the couch in the very middle of the day. Well, at 1:45 I was finished with everything, so I got a book and got on the couch – pillow, blanket, and everything. Over the next 2 hours, I got two package deliveries, numerous loud trucks drove by, some one on my street decided to mow their lawn, the neighbor’s dog started barking and kept barking, and Milly was snoring. Maybe I slept for 45 minutes off and on – worst nap ever!!!!!!!
Homemade Pizza
We usually have pizza for supper one night per week, but since we are trying to cut back on eating out and we are trying to eat better, tonight I made homemade pizzas. In the past I have not had success with home made pizza, but these turned out WONDERFUL. I used Mama Mary’s pizza crusts and used Prego mini meatball sauce (not pizza sauce) and Kraft shredded Italian blend cheese. I brushed the crusts with olive oil, pre-heated the oven to 475, then baked the pizzas at 425 on the middle rack for about 10 minutes, then moved them to the very top and broiled them for about 2 more minutes. Perfect.
Tonight I finally got new glasses to go with my new prescription! I like them much better! The older ones made me sick because the lenses were so small that I could always see around them.
Before: After:
Only two more days of work and then Christmas break! Woo hoo!!! It’s like being a kid again!
And speaking of being a kid again, this Target commercial reminds me SO MUCH of myself, circa 1987-1990:
No comments:
Post a Comment