Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Countdown is On

Vacation week!  So excited!  A few pictures from this week:

005010040001

Above you can see some meals from this week. The second photo shows some salmon that I made (I was craving it!) with some lemon dill sauce that I also made that was SO GOOD.  But that was not the best. I have discovered my new favorite summer dish, shown in the last two pictures and made like this:

1. Slice 1 whole tomato.

2. Place fully cooked fish fillet or chopped chicken breast on top of that.

3.  Add a bunch of basil leaves (these were from my plants!)

4. Top with two slices of sliced cheese (I used Monterrey Jack because that is all we had).

5. Microwave until cheese melts.

Oh my gosh this is SO good!  I have eaten it three times!  It tastes just like summer and is so filling and tasty!

002005036037008006

A little glimpse into my work life….this is my computer screen where I see all of my orders that I have to do.  Each “document” is one page of physician’s orders (prescriptions) from the patient’s chart and each page can have multiple orders on it for different medications (so it is not like each document = 1 prescription).  I usually average ~5-10 orders at a time.  Once you get to 30-ish orders backed up, people start getting anxious.  But look at me!  73!!  I am clearly terrible with the computer work!!  And the sad thing is that this did not happen during lunch…this happened while I was sitting there trying to work!!!

Speaking of work, I made an unfortunate typo in an email this week that was sent out to the department.  I wrote an email with the subject: “Upcoming Webinar” but instead I left out the “b” and it said “Upcoming Weinar”  ha ha ha ha ha.

So, here is our vacation plan:

Friday: fly to Las Vegas

Saturday: sightseeing in Las Vegas, visiting the Valley of Fire & Red Rock Canyon (state parks)

Sunday – lunch Wednesday: Brent is in a work conference while I sightsee on my own, lounge about in the Cesar’s Palace pool area, and generally just relax (one of those days I am planning to drive myself to Death Valley – we’ll see!)

Wednesday afternoon – Friday morning: Grand Canyon!!!

Friday afternoon – drive back to Las Vegas

Saturday – fly out

So excited!!!  I cannot wait to see the Grand Canyon.  Pretty sure the blog is going to crash the entire internet with all of the pictures I am planning to take + post.

See you tomorrow!!!

No comments: