Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break!

Wednesday night I had a work-related meeting in Atlanta, so we took off 1/2 day (Brent drove me) and headed over there.  We drove back Wednesday night, were both off Thursday, and I was off Friday.  So I have had a Spring Break this year, even though as far as I’m concerned, it is summer already.

012003004006007008009010011

The meeting was at Grady Hospital (downtown) and it was a much nicer facility than I expected!  Above you can see the shadow of me & Brent standing out on the sidewalk before. I did get to see the outpatient pharmacy and was reminded of Ms. Motheral, one of my old coworkers at Riddle & Wallace. :)

We got back verrrry late! Thursday morning I made a big breakfast for us: apple pancakes & bacon (E-meals recipe)!

013016

And I got a surprise in the mail!

014

(from Kourtney!)

On Friday we (me & the dogs & the flowers) enjoyed lots of sunshine while Brent was at work.  I also got my hair done and worked on my plants! When he came home, we went to the Plantation House restaurant with our friends & their daughter.

001021024005027032033

046057

(And I’m really not *that* weird – I took the picture of the foils for Kourtney.)

002007

The first picture is of the front porch at the Plantation House. The other picture - that’s a doll.  In a wheelchair.  And yes, the doll’s mother used the wheelchair ramp & it was the funniest thing we’ve seen all week!

Saturday: Farmers’ Market returns!!!

010011029030032034

1 whole pound of kale for $2!  It is a huge bag!

045046047

We ate Saturday lunch at Fernando’s (tradition!). Later in the afternoon we drove ~ 45 min (way out in the country) to Greensboro, which just happens to be the Catfish Capital of Alabama, to go to Pie Lab – a little bakery that sells all kinds of pies.  I read about it Southern Living last year and have always wanted to go.  We got a slice of lemon icebox and a slice of buttermilk.  Both very good!  The little space was so cute also!  I would love to have a little bakery like this!

Other scenes from Greensboro:

155143140144147150

146156157158161163168

Sunday: church, homemade spaghetti sauce + pasta, enjoying the sunshine with my sidekick, and just general relaxation! 

002003008014

What a nice little mini-vacation!

No comments: