This afternoon we waited for Brent to come home.
And when he did, we had another wonderful E-mealz meal:
Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Trust me, it tasted much, much better than it looks in the bottom picture. It took much longer than I thought it would (+ some extra corn starch) for the sauce to thicken up and if I make it again, I will revise the sauce recipe to include less water, less orange juice, more corn starch and more soy sauce.
The only “gripe” I have about E-mealz is that the meals don’t seem to be very balanced. Take tonight, for example: rice AND French bread? It seems a little carb-heavy. And one recipe for next week calls for three sides: potatoes, carrots, and corn, which I always thought didn’t necessarily “go” together because they are all starchy. Maybe it is just the South, or the way I ate growing up, but to me, a meal is not complete without a green veggie! And not one that is stir-fried in a sugary sauce!
Regardless, I still <3 E-mealz. We are talking about changing to the low-fat, non-Walmart option. Publix, here I come! :)
And tonight I did go to dreaded WM for groceries. It was so crowded (even my cashier was complaining) and it took me way too long because I couldn’t think of where certain things might be – for example, molasses or minced garlic. Anyway, I got some goodies that I am excited to try!!! Scale Back Alabama starts this week, so we are cutting back for sure. Me and Brent are on a team together at work.
YES! I found the Tazo tea from Manna! Now I can make my own!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment