Monday, January 25, 2010

The Big Tempeh Disappointment

I had high hopes for tempeh after having read about it on several different recipe sites and foodie blogs.  I bought the Tofurky (yes, it does sound disgusting) brand and the actual product name was Sesame Garlic Marinated Tempeh Strips.

I pan-fried the strips for ~ 2 minutes on each side.

045

Then mixed with steamed brown rice + Ginger Miso sauce (keeping with the Asian theme).

046

NOT GOOD!  AT ALL!

The texture of the faux meat was fine, it was the overpowering sesame garlic marinade that was the problem.  I only ate a few bites.  Maybe the non-marinated tempeh products would be okay; I’m not sure. I’ll just stick with meat for now.

The last E-mealz Easy Enchilada saved the day!

048

050

I also had one of the chocolate chip cookies from the first batch for dessert an appetizer. :)

047

No comments: