Monday, January 25, 2010

First Light

Sleeping in until 7 a.m. is just wonderful.  Two days off in a row!  It looks like today is going to be a beautiful day!

028 024

This past weekend was rainy, cold, and SO busy at work on the evening shift.  While I like having the morning free, working from 12:30 – 9 really consumes the entire day.  This was on the way to work yesterday morning:

041

Brent went on his first century ride Saturday!  He’s getting started early!!! 

And yesterday for lunch I made another E-mealz recipe, Swiss Chicken:

009

013

It was SO good!  Also the first time I have ever used white wine in a recipe. Totally not bland AT ALL for a low fat recipe.  The main ingredients were chicken breasts, fat free cream of chicken soup, stuffing, and Swiss cheese.  Broccoli was served on the side – I steamed it in the microwave in a zip-lock steamer bag for about 2.5 minutes with 0.5 tbsp. 50/50 Smart Balance spread + seasoned salt. So easy.

Already accomplished for this morning:

1.  Devotions – I am now on Unit 7 of Experiencing God and I am still loving it!  I learn something new on every single lesson.

020

2. Breakfast

034

Plain instant oats + water, 1/4 c. Bare Naked triple berry granola (good!), cinnamon, a few almonds, and ~ 1 T peanut butter.  Actually not as good as usual – plain oatmeal is SO BLAND. One day I will try “real” (non-instant) oatmeal, but this is just SO easy.

3. Blogging!  Ha!

037

On the agenda (today and/or tomorrow):

  • Take Milly to vet.
  • Exercise
  • Mail two books that I sold through half.com
  • Groceries

Will be back later!

More pictures from this morning:

017 022

019

No comments: