You know those people who chase tornadoes to video or photograph them? Whatever obsession that is, I have a touch of it, for sunsets and sunrises. Just the sky in general, actually. Brent is aware. That’s why when I dashed in the house this evening, grabbed the memory card + Milly and headed to the river, he asked no questions. This is normal behavior, subject to occur at any and all hours of the day.
I always try to go to the river. To me, there is nothing more calming and peaceful and beautiful than seeing the sun set (or rise) over the water. When we were looking at houses in Tuscaloosa, I actually tried desperately to talk Brent into this one house on a small (nasty) lake. Nevermind that the lake was really more like a large pond and the backyard was a swampy, trashy, mosquito- infested hot mess. I just imagined myself sitting on the back porch in the early morning watching the sun rise and set over the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment