Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hot Hundred 2010

073

The morning started out with a good breakfast:

003

Coffee, a green smoothie, and a piece of toast with almond butter.  I ended up not drinking the green smoothie because Brent was afraid the spinach would hurt my stomach.

We got to Capitol Park ~ 6:30 and Brent began to warm up while I played on the Droid.  Warm ups are for sissies, obviously.  Ha!  Totally kidding!  I’m just lazy.

023

012011 

We started out on the 23-mile option.  Brent let me draft behind him and it was wonderful….a completely different experience!

 014 017015 016 

(Yes, I can take pictures while I am cycling.)

At the first rest stop (mile 11, the halfway point for the 23 mile option), I urged Brent to go on and do the 34 mile option and catch up to me on the way back.  It took some persuading but he finally did it.  At this point, I met up with a friend and headed back into town with her.  It was starting to get hot, there was a headwind, and of course I didn’t have Brent to draft off of.

018

020 019

We met up with him right was we were heading back into town.

021022 

We finally made it back!  It was SO FUN this year!  Honestly, it was probably the easiest ride I have done.  I am actually excited to get back out there!

034

Little bit of trouble with the zoom in this one.  Oh yeah!  I was dubbed “the girl with the cool sunglasses” by this one guy and his friends. Ha!

036 046 042

Last year:

043

(And after this picture was taken I went home and locked myself out of the house. Nice. Didn’t see Brent come across the finish line in 2nd place!  Why are all of the memorable moments in my life marred by complete and utter awkwardness??)

No comments: