Tuesday, February 02, 2010

1 down, 7 to go

Work days, that is.

Today (the first day of my 8-day work stretch) started out okay.   Unfortunately, I was working on something and didn’t get to bed until late last night and then Milly woke me up at ~ 3:30 and then 4:30.  So I was really sleepy when I woke up, but a cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee fixed that!

Tonight we made Molasses Pork (E-mealz recipe, of course!) that had been marinating x 24 hours.  The marinate was molasses + vinegar + salt + course Dijon mustard.  This was the first time I had ever used/seen/tasted molasses.  It was much more syrup-y than I imagined.  I always thought molasses had a jelly-like consistency.

001

Not a great picture.

It was good.  I made Thelma’s garden green beans, Alexia biscuits and instant mashed potatoes on the side. (I know, I know.  I’m cringing as I type it.)  I will, however, NEVER buy pork at “the Pig" again. (However, I would certainly not be opposed to owning a t-shirt that says “Get your pig on.” ) It was so fatty; I had to cut huge chunks of it and just could not get all of the fat off.

Tonight I did a Marathon Makeover workout.  30 minutes on the treadmill.  I had so much energy for some reason – the time just flew by!

Now I just finished my sleepytime tea have to get in bed – if I can tear myself away from Cold Mountain!

No comments: