Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am Warehouse Soup?

This is me exercising this morning:

025

I’m well aware that I am looking very rough in this picture.  It was the best out of the 5 or so that I took, believe it or not. Evidence is necessary, though, because Brent doesn’t believe that I exercise unless he actually watches me.

After shower + makeup:

069 079

Well, my stint in jury duty is over, officially. I got dismissed today.  Boo!  However, the case they dismissed today was one that I am definitely glad I did not have to participate in.  I earned a whopping $20.24 for the past two days, which, in my estimation, is a sweet deal. Ha! 

072

The TuscCo courthouse, where I served my civic duty and had the opportunity to meet a few interesting individuals (one in particular).

074

The sun came out – it was a pretty day, but cold.  And they’re calling for possible SNOW tonight and tomorrow a.m.  This AL weather is crazy.

076

018

Tonight for supper we made Warehouse Soup + cornbread per E-mealz.  This was super, super easy and tasty!  Total comfort food.  The soup contained kielbasa, diced tomatoes, canned split pea + ham soup, and cream of potato soup.  The cornbread was from a mix, but called for 1/2 can of whole kernel corn.  I don’t like cornbread, but I loved this with the kernels of corn in it!  So good!

085

The book in the picture is a book Brent brought home for us to read.  It is by Gillian McKeith, a holistic nutritionist that I have never heard of but apparently is well-known in the UK. She even has her own TV show. The book is about how food affects our health – not only in context of weight, but all kinds of health issues/symptoms.  I keep trying to read it, but he keeps snatching it away from me.  He has gone into full-blown “teacher mode” and is reading long portions of it aloud -apparently the portions he thinks especially apply to me.  FYI: painful bumps on the tongue (which I sometimes have and have actually been to the doctor for) are caused by an emotional episode/upheaval.   Go figure.

086

087 

So apparently, if you are what you eat, then tonight I am warehouse soup + cornbread.

Speaking of food, yesterday at lunch I had the BEST pizza of my entire life at Jason’s Deli.  It is the Pizza Fresco – basil pesto with pine nuts, provolone cheese, roma tomatoes, and mixed veggies (including artichoke hearts + spinach) on foccacia bread.  It was great.  All other pizzas pale in comparison.  Must have this again soon!  I may be able to replicate it at home.  We’ll see.

And we went to Manna, where we found two new staples for the Freeman household.

First, Big Sky Bread:

094

This bread is SO GOOD.  It is whole wheat + all natural ingredients and has a very good flavor.  It is chewy, thick and substantial.  I had two slices for breakfast and it was filling and lasted for hours.

And then……

091

Best. Cookie. Ever.  I mean, ever.

The brand is Liz Lovely and the flavor is chocolate fudge. It is gluten free and vegan, believe it or not.  Not that I care about either one of those things, but just cannot believe something all-natural and wholesome tastes SO GOOD.    This is definitely a serious cookie.  1/2 has 170 calories and 7 grams of fat, but the 1/2 is enough.  Plus, you have to make these last as long as possible because they are $$$$$$.  Definitely a special occasion cookie.

092

Now, cuddling + American Idol, then zzzzzzzzzzzz.

096

P.S.  I’m due for a hair appointment and I’m thinking of one of two changes:

1.  A good cut that would enable me to wear my hair curly again (too long now)

2.  Dying it brown again (cool instead of warm – in other words, no reddish tinge)

No comments: