I think it rained ALL DAY today. Blah! The past few days it has been so hard to wake up, but I have had much more energy than usual during the day. Probably because I have been exercising? I’m not sure if it works that fast.
Speaking of exercise, my legs feel like lead Sad, I know. But I am constantly running up and down the stairs at work and today whenever I had to climb the stairs my legs were so tired when I got to the top! After work we went to the gym and I worked out upper body ONLY – I did the sequence of upper-body weight machines, each one 3 x. I forgot The Pink Lady (my ipod shuffle) in the car, so it was pretty blah and boring.
I was STARVING again when I got home. Tonight was Greek Tilapia Mahi-Mahi. It was our first E-mealz experiment from the Weight Watchers plan. The original recipe called for tilapia, but they didn’t have any frozen fillets at Publix and I didn’t want to buy fresh because I didn’t know when we would make it (and because of the smell).
So, we didn’t marinade it for as long as recommended (1-2 hrs), but it still turned out good. That’s a big squirt of ketchup on top. Should have taken the picture first. Side dishes were brussel sprouts and parsley potatoes (potatoes was an E-mealz idea, the brussel sprouts were mine). I love parsley and I found out tonight that I love brussel sprouts after trying them for the first time. They are so cute! Something about the taste reminds me of asparagus. They were steamed in the microwave with Smart Balance 50/50 + Greek seasoning (which we also used for the fish marinade). I love the Ziplock steamer bags!
Brent actually forbade me to get a Cadbury egg at the Dollar General tonight. He even kind of scolded me for even looking at them in front of the cashier. Seriously! It made me really mad! So tonight for dessert I pretty much binged on fruit. Ha! It was so good and pretty! And roughly the same amount of calories as a Cadbury egg.
This was an apple, a kiwi, and a bunch of grapes.
Add my orange eaten at lunch today + the veggies at supper and I almost reached the recommended daily amount! Woo hoo! How often does that happen? Actually, I don’t think it ever has.
I am spending the rest of the night reading Cold Sassy Tree and drinking sleepytime tea. I’m ready for bed!
3 down, 5 to go! (Seems so overwhelming! I’m already ready for a day off.)
No comments:
Post a Comment