Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Real Men Wear Tights

Ahhhhh!  Finally a day off!

I slept in until 7 a.m. this morning and then had a wonderful breakfast of oats in an almost-empty peanut butter jar.

096 097

The best way to eat breakfast!  I had a late, long lunch at Newk’s with a friend and then headed to Lifeway, the Christian bookstore.  My friend recommended a new Bible study, since I am almost finished with Experiencing God.  She is currently working through Beth Moore’s Daniel study and said that it was great!  Beth Moore is my favorite, so I was excited to go by and get the book.  I have about a week or so left on Experiencing God

Also, tonight I found out Beth was actually in Birmingham today signing copies of her new book, So Long, Insecurity.  I’m so disappointed that I didn’t know!  I would have loved to meet her!  However, I read on her website that she is hosting an online group discussion/study on the new book on her blog.  It starts tomorrow!  I signed up (along with over 5,000 other women!) and will need to go pick up that book this weekend.

After Brent came home from work we went to the VA for exercise.  It was SO COLD!  Brent wore his tights and I almost wore my new head warmer.  Real mean wear tights!  Obviously!

114

They say it may snow on Friday.  I’m off this weekend, so I have my fingers crossed!

Some other fun things from this week:

Tomato soup!  This is an E-mealz recipe and it is wonderful!  It was our first time using a Dutch oven.  Brent did a great job!  We have been eating it with grilled cheese sandwiches on Publix bakery bread.

001

115

Kiva!  Kiva is a fun way to help others.  Through this organization, you can make small loans to help the working poor in other countries.  You can browse or search the different profiles and select the specific person you want to loan to.  In 2007, I loaned $50 in the form of 2 $25 loans to two different individuals.  When those loans were repaid, I re-loaned the money to two more individuals.  Tonight I realized I had ~ $32 dollars in my Kiva account – enough to make another loan!  I searched for one that was almost fully funded and my $25 was enough to meet the limit.  Here is the person’s profile. 

Loving Like Jesus.  Every Wednesday, Ann Voskamp of A Holy Experience posts on a spiritual practice that draws us nearer to Christ.  Today’s theme is “Loving Like Jesus.”  Ann’s post is just beautiful, as are the ones that I read that were linked to hers.  However, as I was reading these posts, I came upon this blog: Pray for Ian.  The story is amazing – about a guy who is recovering from a traumatic brain injury and the girl who has stayed by his side throughout.  She totally gives God credit for enabling her to continue loving Ian throughout this ordeal.  I just find their story so remarkable.  This post is my favorite.

Pugs, of course!

040

037 039

046

048

054

They hate the laundry basket!

072

073

074

075

076

078

082

083

084

017

089

No comments: