Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Beets & Ice Cream

Brent and I have a new obsession – we are back on the healthy eating, whole-food bandwagon.  Which is why we went to Zoe’s for lunch.  Zoe’s is pretty much awesome – it is fresh, wholesome Mediterranean fast food.  Brent had the spinach quesadilla, which I tasted – very good!  I had the pita pizza, which came with a side salad.  It was also very good, but I only ate half.  I think I will get the quesadilla next time.

009

After reading You Are What You Eat, I have been craving juice.  Remember (Brent?) when I wrote about the Green Monster?  Well, I haven’t had one lately, mostly because it has just been so cold.

Well, today was the day.  Actually, I started out thinking that I was going to make a faux vanilla milkshake (I have been craving a Chick-Fil-A milkshake!), so I blended 1/2 banana, 1 c. almond milk, ice, vanilla extract and guar gum (to hopefully thicken it up).  Unfortunately, it didn’t work that well.  The flavor was good, but the texture…blah.

021

So, I decided to make it into Green(-ish) Monster and added Naked Juice, 1 handful of spinach, and 1 beet.  Voila!!

022

026

The pugs BEGGED for some!

019

020

Sorry guys!

Tonight was Creamy Chicken, another E-mealz that had been cooking away in the crockpot all day.  It was delishus!  It was a chicken breast with a “gravy” that contained cream of mushroom soup, white wine, cream cheese, and Italian seasoning.  Garlic bread and sautéed zucchini on the side.  The garlic bread probably needs to go, seriously.

028 

I have wanted to try this recipe for protein ice cream for the longest time, so I decided to make it tonight.

038

Unfortunately, I think my poor blender just cannot handle it.  The flavor was really good, but the texture was off.  It needed more ice.  Not sure.  It was certainly tasty, though, and Brent agreed.  We will certainly be making this one again!

Time for bed!!!

No comments: