Sunday, February 07, 2010

Working Weekend

This has been an exhausting weekend.  Dayshift Saturdays and Sundays are the ** worst. ** Today I stayed over and didn’t even eat lunch or take any breaks. It was nonstop all day long. I cannot believe I have to go back for two more days.  I am exhausted.

Unfortunately I have temporarily suspended my healthy habits for the weekend….meaning there has been no exercise or E-mealz.  I have no motivation to do anything when I get home except collapse into the recliner.  I am so looking forward to Wednesday.  I’m afraid I’m going to sleep the entire day.

Friday night was Los Calientes, last night was grocery shopping and pizza + a movie.  Tonight, more pizza and the Superbowl (Go, Colts!).

023

And one of the best desserts ever:

039

outside:

009 

inside:

013

021

[I thought that “chocolaty” was misspelled, but it is actually in the dictionary as either “chocolaty” or “chocolatey”.]

Oh, my.   This little fast food treat (from Dominos) may be my favorite dessert ever. Some one at work told me about the lava cakes and when I tried them I fell in love instantly and got Brent hooked (and he’s not even a dessert person).  They are crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside.  So very good.  But there is definitely bad news. According to Dominos.com, one of these little cakes (fairly small) has 357 calories.  357!!!!!  The ingredient list is also very depressing.  The #1 ingredient in the “fudge” is high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).  HFCS is also found in the actual cake.  The ingredient list is shockingly long.

Movie Review: Public Enemies

The movie we watched last night was Public Enemies.  It was about a notorious bank robber/gangster from the 30’s, John Dillinger. Apparently he was quite the character, so who better to play him than Johnny Depp? From what I have read, the movie is historically accurate.  I cannot imagine what it must have been like to live during the Depression/gangster era.  The machine guns were scary!

I thought the acting was perfect. In my opinion,  Johnny Depp and Christian Bale are the two best actors of this time. I also liked the woman who played Dillinger’s love interest. The movie was interesting from a historical standpoint but definitely not something I would watch again, simply because of all of the violence.  It really made me think about how different things are now, though.  For example, the FBI agents literally beat up Dillinger’s girlfriend to get her to talk – that scene was shocking and hard to watch, actually.  Hearing about the origins of the FBI   (using science to solve crime) was also interesting.  Very good movie!

Well, it is now time for bed after a disappointing game. :(

024

027

032

Tomorrow: back to marathon training and E-mealz!!  I’m ready!

No comments: