This afternoon we had a GREAT circuit workout! Our gym, Planet Fitness, has a circuit consisting of 20 different stations. As you go through the circuit, you alternate a weight machine x 30 seconds with a step x 30 seconds, with 30 seconds of rest between each station. If you do it right (work hard on the machines + keep your heart rate up on the step) it is a good workout.
However, you really have to strike a balance here. This area where the circuit is located is in the far corner of the gym and there is literally NO AIRFLOW. So, needless to say, it is really hot and when coupled with the high-intensity activity + the general gym smell, it can be a little sickening. So it is a balancing act: working out hard enough to get into the target heart rate zone but not hard enough that you work yourself into the dreaded “nausea zone.” No nausea today, yay!
On the menu tonight: Beefy Macaroni Casserole from E-mealz. It was about 15 minutes from being finished (Brent was salivating and hovering over the oven) when some people from church stopped by. After they left we could not stop laughing that Brent was wearing a shirt with a hot dog holding hands with a beer with the words “Roast & Toast.” Not a big deal, but a funny thing to be wearing when church leaders stop by. And Brent has probably never even had a beer!
The Beefy Macaroni Casserole turned out nice, but it seemed like it took FOREVER to make. Maybe we were just hungry. It was tasty, but not too impressive. Like this is something I would have whipped up from my imagination in our pre-E-mealz days.
Yes. There was a Cadbury Egg for dessert.
Okay, tomorrow starts an 8-day stretch of workdays. All of them are dayshifts and all are ICU shifts. This means I will need a heavy (but fast) breakfast in the morning, a lunch that can be prepared and eaten quickly at my desk, and filling snacks that can be eaten quickly. I’m a little nervous about how I’m going to handle this without my newly developed habits (cooking + exercising) flying out the window. I hate feeling rushed in the morning, so I tonight I washed several pairs of scrubs and I plan to wash the rest tomorrow night.
Breakfasts will be oatmeal + granola + peanut butter, lunches will be leftover E-mealz or a sandwich, and snacks will be fruit and mini bags of popcorn. I am planning on going to the gym after work on Wednesday and Friday of this week and marathon training on the treadmill at home on the other days. I can do this! I can do this. People do this sort of thing all the time.
Have to go finish filling out the calendar for this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment